Oh man, I am so excited for Halloween! Can’t wait to start making these spooky treats. These are not your typical puffy pastel macaroon, but this is a family macaroon recipe that has always been gluten-free… and it is also super simple, fun to make, and most importantly… it’s delicious!
-1 package shredded coconut (5 1/3rd cups)
-2/3rds cup sugar
-¼ tsp. salt
-1 tsp. almond extract
-4 egg whites
– Mix all your ingredients together
– Once your ingredients are all mixed, start making ghosts!
– The batter doesn’t spread too much when it’s baked, so shape them just slightly smaller than you want in the end. I use roughly a golf ball of batter for each, about as much as you can pick up with an overfilled melon baller. Shape them into cone like ghosts, with a flat bottom, and rounded top
– Cook on 325° for 20 minutes, or until edges begin to brown
– They will be gooey when you take them out, so quickly put in (gluten free) chocolate chips upside down as eyes, and gently push in a sliced almond as a screaming ghost mouth
– Refrigerate before eating – they will turn chewy and delicious!