Don’t know where to get started at the grocery store? I recently saw a man post a picture of a very sad and empty grocery cart, captioned “I just moved into my own place, I have no idea what I’m doing”. In response to that, I thought a grocery list post might be helpful to any new gluten -free shoppers.
I keep the above items in my pantry/fridge at all times.
– Potatoes & onions will last in your pantry for a while – and when you store them together they keep each other from rotting
– Cup 4 Cup is a great GF flour – I also like Bob’s Red Mill, or Gluten Free Pantry
– Tomatoes (base for a sauce – I guess you only need this if you make your own sauce often)
– Garlic & Olive oil (I use these every day!)
– Progresso lentil soup – nice to have for those days you are feeling super lazy, or late for work, etc.
– Larabars – I keep these in my purse, in my desk, everywhere. Perfect when you’re on the go.
– Potato Buds (I use these as panko bread crumbs)
– Trader Joe’s rice noodle soup –
– Panda Puffs – always good to have cereal in the house
– Peanut butter
– Frozen bananas
On a weekly basis, I stock up on fresh veggies (lettuce, avocado, cauliflower), a few types of protein (chicken, eggs, fish) and minimal carbs (gluten free pasta). I always try to have more veggies and proteins than carbs or canned/processed foods. Happy shopping!